Israel’s rich history and culture make it an appealing destination for couples seeking marriage. However, its complex laws regarding civil unions and recognition of overseas marriages can be confusing to navigate. Conducting an online wedding through VirtualMarriage and obtaining a legally-binding U.S. marriage certificate is the most expedient path for those wishing to marry in Israel.
Thanks to an Isreali Supreme court case, the fastest and most straightforward method for marrying in Israel is through an online ceremony. The process through VirtualMarriage is as follows:
1. Apply for a marriage certificate on VirtualMarriage.com and remit the required fee. Government-issued ID proving applicants are over 18, such as a driver’s license or passport, must be provided.
2. Participate in a 10 to 15-minute virtual ceremony with an officiant certified by VirtualMarriage. The ceremony is conducted via videoconference.
3. Receive a legal U.S. marriage certificate within 48 hours of the ceremony. VirtualMarriage certificates are legally valid in all 50 U.S. states.
4. Register the marriage at the Israeli Ministry of the Interior by presenting the U.S. certificate. While Israel does not permit civil unions, it recognizes those performed abroad and online.
5. Optional but recommended: Obtain an apostille to certify the legitimacy of the certificate for international use. VirtualMarriage offers apostille services for an additional fee & typically takes 2-3 weeks.
The key benefits of marrying through VirtualMarriage include expediency, affordability, and convenience. No blood test or counseling is required. The U.S. certificate can be used to apply for visas and immigration paperwork as needed. Legal questions regarding the union or document recognition should be addressed by consulting an immigration attorney or Israeli government officials.
VirtualMarriage adheres strictly to all legally required protocols to ensure compliant and valid documentation. Marriage certificates are recognized in all 50 U.S. states and can be used to register a marriage in Israel. For clarification on the status of a VirtualMarriage marriage certificate or remote appearance wedding, couples should contact legal support.
While Israel’s laws are complex regarding civil marriage within its borders, unions performed internationally and online are recognized. Marrying through VirtualMarriage streamlines the process of obtaining documentation that satisfies Israeli requirements to register a lawful marriage. We hope this overview proves helpful to couples considering marriage in Israel. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Check it out at VirtualMarriage.com